May 1, 2009

Decisions, Decisions - Part 3

Having two kids of the same sex is very beneficial. I never got rid of Evelyn's baby clothes pending the decision if we were going to have a 2nd baby. We did and now Jessi girl has all of her big sister's clothes. This baby probably has more clothes then the rest of us 3 combined. I did break down and buy her some knew stuff she doesn't have all hand me downs. I actually have to stop myself buying her things because well girl clothes are just so damm cute.
I have given some things away, actually quite a lot. I have donated to Goodwill, given to Mike's cousin that was an unappreciated bitch, and a co-worker that gave a sob story. I am always a sucker for a sob story.
The decision that I have to make is do I get rid of all the clothes that Jessi has grown out of??????
This is a big decision not so much for Mike I don't think as it is for me. I don't think its the fact that ok we probably will not have anymore kids but for sentimental value.
What to do, What to do?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Save some..really. Pick things that are ageless. We saved some of the things that all three boys wore when they were little. When we divorced I kept the box. I can't wait to see a grandchild wearing their father's/uncle's overalls, all their names stitched on the bib part. The there is the Winnie-the-Pooh denim shirt and the.......ahhh why did they have to grow up.

K

Jen said...

Another great idea I've seen is taking a group of pieces that are sentimental to you and cutting patches for a quilt. Don't roll your eyes. My sister actually makes beautiful quilts and I'm sure she would do this for you when you are ready! Then the girls can have blankies with memories:-)

Anonymous said...

Jen is right....a quilt with both of the girls clothes would be great. You are a sucker for a sob story, but that is what makes you very special.
bk

LISA said...

I HOPE YOUR COWORKER OR MIKES COUSIN DON'T READ YOUR BLOGS!!! LOL. I HAD THE SAME ISSUES WITH BELLAS CLOTHES. I SAVED MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITES (JUST IN CASE)!