June 27, 2009

Anxiety sucks

Fucken anxiety it gets me everytime. Let's see I left work early on Thursday because of an anxiety attack and Friday I left early again and made a dr appt for 3. I asked Mike to come with me because I feel that doctor's either think your crazy or just want pills. I love Mike he really is my rock and I think part of my anxiety issue was him coming home on Thursday and I just wanted him home and worrying about him flying since I hate flying and anything to do with the aviation system. Once he was in the house I felt a weight lifted off. It was nice.

The doctor gave me a EKG and my blood pressure was fine so why did I feel like I couldn't breathe and was having a heart attack. I needed oxygen STAT. He sent me for a chest X-ray so now I sit and worry if I have a tumor or something. Yes, I will be calling the doctor from my vacation to see what the results are.

It's funny because the last time I was in there for my anxiety was in February which was around the time we were having Jessi's baptism, can I not handle things???? Seems that way to me.

I really need to learn how to handle my anxiety or it will put me in an early grave.

Anyway we are off today for friends, family and fun. Let's see how this goes. Xanax anyone???

Have a safe and happy 4th of July.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anxiety sucks big time. I had to deal with it once in my lifetime. I thought I was going to die, that my life as it was, was ending. I could not leave my home for a week. I almost lost my job. It freaked me out. Next time we talk, I'll fill ya in how I dealt with it.

K

social anxiety treatment said...

I certainly relate to all of this in so many ways! When anxiety gets that bad I have found in very helpful to use natural anxiety remedies such as St.John's Wort, SAMe, L-Theanine, and Tryptophan. There's also cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) and programs like Panic Away and The Linden Method, to name a few. Hope this helps!

Anonymous said...

Been there. My way of dealing with it was calm music. but that is another story :)
bk

anxiety remedy said...

anxiety remedy

Well having just pills and drugs won;t solve your problem. You need to do some meditation or other excercises.Deep breathing exercises are excellent for anxiety and many people report positive results from meditation. Some other natural anxiety remedies to look into are St.John's Wort, SAMe, L-Theanine, and Tryptophan.

Anonymous said...

G, just read this post, I never knew you had such bad attacks, that sucks...but I know what your talking about my whole life was one big panic attack!!! Then I finally got the meds that work, of course there are other things now that I don't enjoy for talking them, but I am the happiest I've been in years....hang in there you will figure it out....