June 25, 2009

So much to do and so little time

It doesn't matter if you are a working parent or a stay at home parent I think we all will agree there is just not enough time in the day.

I am a working parent and from the time I get home at 4:45 until 9pm I am going ragged.
From dinner to baths there is absolutely no down time which I am ok with and enjoy for the most part. When you throw an out of town husband and packing for a week long vacation and two kids that are enjoying every breath of summer it gets a little hectic.

My lunch hour I am always running errands and with a limited amount of time for lunch and a million things to do you need to prioritize things. How should I prioritize my list?

1 - get pedicure
2 - get lip waxed
3- go to Target and
4- run home to shut the windows since I think we will be getting thunderstorms in afternoon
5- get lunch

Well lets see I can kill two birds with one stone and get pedicure and lip wax and the same time.
I can get lunch at Target since that is what I planned on doing anyway.
Who cares if it rains and gets the rug a little wet?

See it's not that much stuff but I always make a big deal out of things and that's when my anxiety is in full force and think I am going to have a heart attack. OH well maybe one day I will learn to roll with the punches.

3 comments:

CassJustCurious said...

Love the new look!

My list looks very much like that. I need more hours. Or more days. Or a smaller list. Or vodka.

Anonymous said...

Make life easy, put on the news in the morning. If thundershowers are forecast lower thoe windows and keep the rain coming in to a minimum. Instead of waxing that lip, step up to the plate and start shaving in the morning. lol
Why ruin a good mani / pedi by going back to work. Get one at the end of the day. Do you really need lunch? Make a list for Target so you can get in and out.

K

Anonymous said...

What would happen if you didn't get all those things done?

bk