July 22, 2009

Sweet dreams grown up style

Anyone that knows me knows I LOVE Sleeping. I mean who doesn't.
Back in the day before parenthood I used to sleep until afternoon hours wake up eat something and then go back to sleep. On Sunday's when Mike used to watch football I used to be in and out of coma on the couch and I loved every minute of it. If we were going out on Friday night I would come home after work and sleep. I LOVE Sleeping.

Once our first born came along and we never experienced sleep deprivation. I guess Evelyn got my sleep gene because she was a sleeper and till this day almost 5 years later she still loves her sleep. When Evelyn would take her naps so would Mommy. I felt that my weekends were not complete without taking a nap. Every now and then I get a nap on the weekend and I savor every minute. My naps are not 45 minutes they are more like 3 hours and sometimes I feel like crap when I wake up but I don't care.

Jessi girl loves her sleep too so again sleep deprivation never came into play because she goes to bed at 7:30 p.m. and wakes up when it's time to get ready for the day. Occasionally I need to wake her up and she is not happy about it.

I have noticed lately that I have been going to bed later then I would like I guess it's because by the time the kids are in bed and things are picked up I need time to unwind and spend some quality time with the hubby. I also noticed that I wake up earlier even before the alarm goes off and on the weekend forget it I am up way before I should be. Is it because my body requires less sleep now or is my body on a schedule and the internal clock knows when I should get up? Or could it be that I am a grown up with responsibilities no matter what way I look at it?

Responsibilities = LESS SLEEP.

3 comments:

CassJustCurious said...

This whole post had me wanting sleep even more which I wasn't sure was even possible!

Anonymous said...

Snooooooooooreeeeeeeeee.....hmmffffff.
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

K

Anonymous said...

Having a good time in NYC? SLEEP.. AH, I wish I could now for I am so sleepy @ work of course go home WIDE AWAKE. :)
BK