September 13, 2009

Another Milestone

September 10th was Evelyn's official first day of school. Even if it's only for 2 1/2 hrs a day it's a milestone in her life that will never again happen.

This is a time in her life where she will make friendships that might last her into adulthood. I still have several friends that I met in kindergarten. My first crush was a boy in kindergarten and secretly till this day I thought I was going to marry him. Not the case. One of my favorite teachers was my kindergarten teacher. She will learn so many things that will mold her for the next 13 years of school.


She was so excited to ride the bus to school I think more then actually going to school. Thursday was a perfect day sun was shining and I could not of felt more blessed to have my husband and doting father standing next to me while we are watching Evelyn & Jessi play at day care. Bridget has done so much with Evelyn to get her ready for school and we are so lucky to have her in our lives, she cares about our kids and amazes me everyday and I could not think of anyone different I would want watching our children.

We are patiently waiting for the bus to arrive, we see it pulling around the corner and I said this is it and she is jumping up and down saying "I am just so excited" and starts running for the bus. I said "get back here give me a kiss and a hug" and when I was hugging her my eyes filled up and I said " I am so proud of you".



Mike wanted to go to the school to see her get off the bus so there we are standing there waiting for her to get off the bus the only two parents there I don't know if this is weird or not. She makes her grand appearance off the bus just looks at us smiles and goes about her business. I love that about her. Miss Independent.

Of course we took pictures but when we went to download them our memory card fried so we have no pictures and that just plain SUCKS. No picture can beat the memory I will have in my head of my first born running to the bus.

What will this school year bring for Evelyn????? Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lady, brings back many memories. Don't worry about the pictures, the two people that needed to be there and see were. Thanks for the lump in my throat.

Me

Anonymous said...

As I have stated many times before, you are very blessed. two beautiful girls & a loving husband. Evelyn is growing up so fast. Savory the moments. They pass too fast. :( I know first hand.

BK