December 5, 2009

Working Mom Guilt

This week for some reason I have been experiencing the working mom guilt and I don't know why.

I think I am feeling unorganized at home, work is super duper busy, holidays are coming and feeling overwhelmed with that. I am not quite sure.

In the in the 4 years that I have been working at my job I have never experienced a work load like this. I can handle it, that's not what I am complaining about. I think working all day under a micro managing, dysfunctional, poorly managed company, incompetent people in positions that should not where they are makes for a long day sometimes.

I am not one to bring work home but lately I have been and taking it out on my family and I don't like that at all. Why should I bring the bullshit home when they don't really care about me and if I died tomorrow my job would still be there even though it would be hard to replace me. My priorities are my family and making sure my kids are taken care of but when we get home at 7 o'clock and have to eat dinner, shower and get ready for bed yeah I have guilt over this because its seems like I only see them for an hour and yet I am rushing to get the to bed.

Mike tells me that I am not cut out to be a stay at home mom and really I don't think I am either but some days I want to be when the guilt takes over.

At the end of the day when I pick them up I put a smile on my face. How could you not????

No comments: