January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

It's January 6th and I am finally getting to post a New Year's post....

We all went to NYC to visit the family and while it is always nice to see family and friends it's always nice to come home. Part of me is torn when I leave and I am always sad and usually cry because I am leaving my "home". NYC is where I grew up, lived my bar/party days, had a first serious boyfriend, got married, had a baby. I always think is this the last time that I will see my dad? :(

I never made it to 12 and I don't know how to feel about that. What used to be my favorite holiday getting dressed up and doing the town has now transformed to being in bed with my 5 year old at 9:30 and that's ok. I think. We did wake up right after the New Year since the phone rang and then we heard fireworks so we went downstairs and wished my dad and hubby a Happy New Year and headed back to bed.

Talking with Evelyn before we fell asleep I explained to her about New Year's resolution's and what they mean and I told her that mine is to be a better parent and not yell and she said that hers was to be a better kid and listen. That shit just melts your heart.

In the New Year I want to be the best parent that I can be and not lose my cool, be pain free in my back, not stress over money and the little stuff and live life to the fullest and enjoy every minute with my family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are already a super mom. It isn't easy working & taking care of children. But from what I can see & hear, you are doing a GREAT job. I'm sure your mom is very proud of you.... alot of "young woman" your age don't have the out look or the drive you have.
BK

Anonymous said...

Sniff, tear. A little advice, take it anyway you want. When you feel you are not you, take a breath, think and then speak. Think about what you are going to say. Think about the effect the words that may spew forth may have. Think about saying nothing, would that be better. When it comes to the girls, think about how you were at their age. Your actions today will be the lessons that they learn to be adults and parents tomorrow.