January 23, 2010

Saturday Special

It is 10:08 and me and the hubby are sitting on the couch watching the Jersey Shore reunion when we should be having a party that we had plan to throw at the house in honor of Mike's 32nd birthday, however our sweet Evelyn had other plans and caught the 24 hour stomach bug yesterday. I never saw her so sick. In her 5 + years I can count on one hand how many times she threw up. Yesterday she might of broken her record.

Luckily Evelyn woke up feeling like a million bucks which was a great way to start off the day. I wanted to go to the mall to get something and was going to let Mike sleep in but he decided to join us which was great and we had the most wonderful day.

At the mall we hit the apple store to check out the MAC. The problem with Mike and I is he always has the positives to say about purchases and me being the money person at the house can not justify spending that kind of money. It's a good thing we didn't make that purchase because Mike took the car to Monroe since my breaks were grinding. Today could of been an expensive day.

Taco salad for dinner, chocolate chips cookies for dessert, a session of mario kart on the wii, putting the girls to bed in the same room since Evelyn asked to sleep in Jessi's room and a million laughs in between.

I think today definitely made up for not having a much anticipated "adult" party. You can always reschedule a party but a day with the family is priceless.

P.S I am using the laptap again from Mike's job. He suprised me and brought it home for me. Gotta love him

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your blogs. They are so down to earth & worth the read. Your life is something most women would love to have. Yes, you have your problems, like the rest of us but you seem to carry them off very well...and make the most of what you have :)