January 11, 2010

When your 15

I will be the first to admit I am not a fan of country music but this Taylor Swift song really hit a soft spot with me. I mean can you really consider her country??? The 2nd time I heard it I was crying like a fool and the 10th and 11th time.

The emotions of when I was 15 year old in 9th going to 10th grade just came caving in on me and first heartbreaks, losing my virginity, loving a boy in high school thinking we belong together even in my 30's, moving from NYC to east bum fuck Prattsburgh was tough.

I think the reason this song triggers emotions in me is the feeling of being 15 again. Going to school, cheer leading, smoking weed, drinking when your not supposed to, getting all dressed up to go to the dance at school. I mean I still do those things but with a lot more responsibility. A full time job, 2 kids, a mortgage you know 35 year old stuff.

I look back and the road from 15-35 was an enjoyable yet scary at times but I am here and here's to another 15 years.

P.S I am not 35 yet it just sounds better in this post then 34.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Thanks for making me feel old. xoxo I miss it too babe!!!! ......well, sometimes;-)