May 4, 2010

Changes

I have noticed 2 things in the past 2 months and I have done nothing about it to change.
I don't like change.

  1. I have been going to bed late (11:30-12:00) to some that might not seem like a big deal but for this pretty face it's way past my bedtime.
  2. I need to get up about 15 minutes earlier during the week. I am up since my alarm goes off at 6:20 and I don't physically get out of the bed until 7:05-7:10.

Nightime

Now that the nice weather is here and we are outside from the minute we get home until bath time I don't have that in between time to do certain things because I want to be outside too and that limits time for inside stuff or better yet have time to myself. When the kids go to bed between 8-8:30 I finish up loose ends and by the time I am done its 9:30 and then you know catch up on trash television The Hills, Sober House, Chelsea Lately just to name a few its pushing 11:30. Oh yeah plus I have to squeeze in a shower somewhere because I can't get up early enough to add that in my morning routine plus Mike and I value time to have together sitting on the couch cuddling and him telling me "Honey you should really go to bed" me " I don't want to go to bed".

Morning Time

I am in now way shape or form a morning person. I like to sleep, Mike likes to sleep and my kids like to sleep. Of course the kids get up first on the weekend but during the week 4 out of the 5 days I am going into their room waking them up so we can not even rely on them to get us up early. I think God knew to give up sleepers because they both have been like that from birth.

I lay out clothes for everybody at night so the morning we get up and go but it sounds alot easier then it really is. They need time to wake up just like everybody else and if their tired well it's not pretty. Luckily I live less then 10 minutes from work and can leave the house at 7:40 and be to work at 8:00 which again I am lucky that my job is not a stickler for being on time because my arrival time let's just say is never 8 am because I do have to stop at the drug dealer to get my morning fix.

What am I going to do next year when Evelyn starts 1st grade and its a full day and our morning routine is going to change. SHIT I hate change. I am going to have to get up and feed her breakfast and then she will go by my neighbors house and wait for the bus. OH MAN I better start getting up early to get my body used to getting up. It puts too much stress on everyone in the morning and Stress is not good. I look forward to coming to work and sitting at my desk with my coffee and then after that I am ready to go home.

Are you a morning or night person?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hit the pillows around 2:30 - 3:00. If I get into the book I am reading it can get later then 3:30. My alarm goes off at 6:45 and my feet hit the floor at 7:15. I'm done with S/S/S by 7:30-7:35. Out the door usually by 7:50 and in the office by 8:30. If there's traffic, 8:40.

K

Anonymous said...

Morning during the week days(5:30AM)
Night during the week-ends(gone to bed as late as 4:00am)don't do that too often but if there is something I like, I do.. but the next day or no that is the same day :( I pay for it.